After a barbeque at the weekend I had some left over cooked sausages that I wanted to make use of. There was also some red wine left over, so I came up with a recipe for a Paleo sausage almond & red wine casserole. I used ingredients I already had in the kitchen, so I am sure lots of tweaks could be made.
It made quite a few portions, so I was able to freeze quite a lot, to use for future meals.
Ingredients:Barbequed Paleo Sausages
2 Red Onions
2 Brown Onions
1 clove garlic
2 handfuls of raw almonds
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 glass red wine
Salt & Pepper
- I diced the onions and browned them in a pan of coconut oil.
- I added the crushed garlic, then the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and the stock. I let the mixture simmer for a few minutes whilset I chopped up the almonds.
- I added the almonds and wine to the pan, and allowed it to continue simmering for a few minutes, before adding the cut up sausages.
- I seasoned and added in the rosemary.
- Once the sausages were thoroughly heated I served up the casserole and left the extra to cool ready for freezing.
I enjoyed the casserole on it’s own, but it would also have gone very well with some cauliflower rice.