I didn't have much spare time last night and an almost empty fridge, so I had to get a bit creative in the kitchen to make my Paleo dinner.
- 200g Organic Beef Mince
- Tablespoon coconut oil (I'm using Melrose organic unrefined coconut oil at the moment)
- Quarter of a sweet potato, grated
- Half a zucchini, grated
- 3 mushrooms, grated
- Half a red onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 1 small tin organic tomato paste (the brand I use has no added ingredients, other than tomatoes)
- I used 1 teaspoon of each garlic powder, onion powder, cinnamon (I love cinnamon and have been using it in everything lately!) & salt (I'm using pink Himalayan salt at the moment), oregano and thyme
- I diced the onion and sautéed it in the coconut oil.
- I then grated the sweet potato and added it to the onions.
- After a few minutes on the heat, I added the mince.
- Once the meat was thoroughly browned, I added the remaining vegetables, the tomato paste, the herbs and seasoning.
- I continued to cook for about ten minutes, whilst stirring frequently.
- With everything minced, grated or diced, it all cooked very quickly; perfect for a busy evening like last night!
- I just wish I'd made extra for lunch leftovers...
WANT ME TO EMAIL YOU THIS RECIPE?
Enter your details and check your email!