Seafood is a great source of omega 3 and other nutrients. Fresh Squid can be great, and I particularly like this recipe. The longer you leave this one to marinate, the better.
Smoky Chilli Squid Ingredients:
- 2 whole squid, skinned and cleaned
- 1 fresh red chilli, chopped and deseeded
- 1 red pepper, chopped and deseeded
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves smoked garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Small handful fresh coriander
Smoky Chilli Squid How To:
1) In a food processor, blitz together all the ingredients except the squid.
2) Place the squid in a resealable plastic bag. Pour over the marinade, then leave in the refrigerator for as long as you want, preferable overnight.
3) When you’re ready to cook, heat a griddle to a high heat. BBQ the squid for 3 – 4 minutes each side, brushing every now and then with the leftover marinade.
Do you often have seafood? What is your favourite?