These are always a winner at barbecues. It helps that they can be prepared in advance, leaving less to worry about when it's barbecue time. Whilst these are bacon wrapped, you can also try pancetta instead, which I find tends to be easier to work with. Oh – and bacon really isn't all that bad providing what you buy is good quality – so there's no reason not to enjoy.
- 10 bacon rashers
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- dash of extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper
- cut the bacon into long narrow strips with a sharp knife
- Wrap the bacon around the drumsticks and hold in place with cocktail sticks
- Brush the bacon wrapped drumsticks with olive oil and season
- Cook on a hot barbecue until cooked through - check to ensure there are no pink bits before serving!