Does food get any more comforting and soul nourishing than a giant slab of frittata? It’s one of my favourite meals to have for breakfast, lunch, and even as a snack – so I always make a giant version (between 6 and 8 eggs!) and keep it in the fridge for sustenance throughout the week. Frittata flavour combinations are endless, but this one has to be my favourite; smoky, crisp bacon balanced beautifully by spicy-sweet jalapenos.
Bacon and Jalapeno Frittata Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, plus extra for greasing
- 6 rashers smoked organic streaky bacon, diced
- 2 / 3 jalapeno peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 8 – 10 button mushrooms, diced
- 6 large free range eggs
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Bacon and Jalapeno Frittata How To:
1) Preheat the oven to 375F / 180C. Grease an 8 inch round pie tin with some coconut oil and set aside.
2) Heat 1tbsp of coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the bacon, jalapenos and mushrooms and sauté for a couple of minutes, until the bacon begins to crisp up.
3) Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat together. Whisk in the coconut milk until the mixture becomes light and air bubbles appear.
4) Add the contents of the frying pan to the mixing bowl, and season to taste with a little salt and pepper. Pour the frittata mixture into the pie tin.
5) Transfer the pie tin to the middle shelf of the oven, and bake for 25 – 30 minutes. To check if it is done, pop a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean, it’s done!