The meaty, Omega 3 rich trout is a highly versatile fish, and one I often use as an alternative to Salmon. In this recipe, it perfectly compliments the punchy flavours of the Ginger and Chilli. Goes great with a side of courgette (zucchini) pasta and a wedge of lime.
Grilled Trout Ingredients:
- 4 whole trout, cleaned, skin left on
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5cm cube fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander
- 2 fresh green chillies, deseeded and chopped
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch turmeric
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
Grilled Trout How To:
1) Preheat the grill to medium. In a mortar and pestle, crush the garlic and ginger with a pinch of sea salt. Add a tiny splash of water to form a paste.
2) Add the coriander, chillies and turmeric to the mortar. Grind together until everything is combined into a smooth paste.
3) Using a sharp knife, slash the trout diagonally on both sides 3 – 4 times.
4) Brush the trout both sides with a generous amount of coconut oil – use extra if desired. Rub the spice paste into the fish with your fingers, especially in the slashes.
5) Align the fish in a roasting dish and place directly under the grill. Cook for 7 – 8 minutes each side, until the skin is lovely and crisp. Serve immediately.