Best served with sunshine, reggae music and a fresh coconut with a straw. Failing that, a nice green salad will do.
Caribbean Lamb and Squash Curry Ingredients:
- 500g leg of lamb, diced and trimmed of fat
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2cm ginger, grated
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- Handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
Caribbean Lamb and Squash Curry How To:
1) Heat a little coconut oil in a large, heavy based pan and raise the heat until the smell of coconut rises. Add the lamb and brown for 2 to 3 minutes, then set aside.
2) Add the a little more oil to the pan and bring down to a medium heat. Add the chopped onions and cook for 3 – 4 minutes until golden. Now add the garlic, ginger and spices, and stir well for another 3 – 4 minutes, really allowing the flavours to release.
3) Add the chopped tomatoes, lime juice, and a little water to the pan, and stir well. Return the lamb, along with the butternut squash. Cover, and simmer gently for 25 minutes.
4) Check the squash is completely tender, then serve garnished with some fresh coriander.
If you give this curry a try, I’d love to hear how it turned out!