If you're eating the same old salad day in, day out, it's time to change it up! This Tuna and Celery Salad is a personal favourite – and the homemade dressing finishes it off nicely.
When buying canned tuna make sure you get a good brand. Wild Planet Wild Albacore Tuna is a good go-to brand as it's wild and line caught. You'll need to refer to my paleo mayonnaise recipe too, but don't worry, it's so simple you'll never buy shop mayonnaise again!
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1 x 130 g (4.5 oz) can tuna in brine, drained
- ½ red capsicum (bell pepper), seeded & finely diced
- 1 stick celery, finely sliced
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 2 tbsp paleo mayonnaise
- 1 tsp finely chopped capers
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl. Add the tuna, capsicum, celery and some seasoning and combine.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a plate and the tuna mixture on top. Mix mayonnaise and capers together in a small cup and drizzle over the tuna. Finish with olive oil, salt and pepper.
WANT ME TO EMAIL YOU THIS RECIPE?
Enter your details and check your email!