- Green papaya
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3-4 chilies, de-seeded and finely chopped
- Handful of prepared prawns
- squeeze fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup of fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Fresh basil leaves
- handful of snake beans, cooked (optional)
- Peel the papaya and quarter to make it more manageable. Remove seeds, then grate.
- In a bowl, combine the papaya, tomato, chili and prawns. Add the juice, fish sauce, garlic and half of the coriander and gently toss to ensure it is all well mixed and coated.
- Arrange the lettuce on plates and spoon the salad on top.
- Finish with the remaining coriander, basil and beans (optional)
WANT ME TO EMAIL YOU THIS RECIPE?
Enter your details and check your email!
This is a great summer time main meal, but I also like to make up a large salad to give me lunches for the week.