This recipe works great with beautifully fresh, large king prawns. Ideally, have them already cooked, but if you need to cook them yourself then allow them to cool down before you start this recipe. Remember, when buying prawns with the shell on, you’ll have to account for the weight lost when everything is peeled off. Double measurements will be required!
Spicy Coconut King Prawns Ingredients:
- 500g King Prawns, cooked and peeled
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm ginger, grated
- 1 medium red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 3tsp hot paprika
- 3tsp garam masala
- Juice of half a lime
- 300ml tomato passata
- 50g coconut cream
- Large handful of fresh coriander
- Handful coconut shavings
- Coconut oil
Spicy Coconut King Prawns How To:
1) Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, and brown the onions. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and sauté for 2 – 3 minutes to soften. Add the paprika, garam masala and lime juice, and sweat for another 2 – 3 minutes.
2) Add the passata along with the prawns, stir, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the coconut cream to thicken, adding more if required.
3) Serve with the fresh coriander and coconut shavings on top.