This potluck is for people who are interested in a very low carb ketogenic diet. If you are looking for ideas for recipes to bring, please contact me.
Please bring a folding chair or two, a serving utensil for your dish, and a list of all of the ingredients in it. Please use safe food handling practices. Pack perishable foods in a cooler or tote with ice packs. Insulate a crock pot with newspaper or blankets in a box or tote bag.
I will share a little about the benefits of a ketogenic diet and show and tell about why and how to test your glucose and ketone levels and why to keep a food journal.
Just a reminder – this is meant for the low carb/keto crowd, which means high fat and moderate protein, very low-carb.
No fruits, no starchy vegetables, no grains, beans, corn, beets, soy, dairy, starchy thickeners, balsamic vinegar, sweeteners (except clear stevia extract liquid), NO MSG.
Easy things to bring might be:
1) A simple cooked vegetable dish from this region
2) fried pork rinds w/out any starches, MSG, sugars, or junk added
3) green salad with homemade vinaigrette (with Moroccan or Persian seasonings); Sparkling mineral water (I have flavored stevias)
4) Baked, roasted, grilled or stewed grassfed beef, bison, lamb, chicken, turkey, duck, goose, or goat or wild fish; or hard boiled eggs with Moroccan or Persian seasonings
5) Blanched Vegetables; roasted veggies; sauteed veggies with Moroccan or Persian seasonings
6) Raw or toasted nuts with sea salt, coconut or avocado oil, and spices
7) Cauliflower Mock Rice or Mock Coucous without dried fruit
PLEASE RSVP with what kind of dish you plan to bring! If you have not posted that, please do!