I’ve written before about the bizarre google searches that lead to people finding my blog. So I thought it was time I shared some new ones – and of course answered them, just in case they’re still looking for their answer.
- what to feed a maltese dog that has allergies and is sick of eating kangaroo mince???
That age old problem when your dog is fed up of kangaroo meat eh…. Another person googled…
- my staffy won’t eat anything else except cooked chicken
So it looks like there is a global problem with dogs being fussy or selective eaters. My advice, as a non-current-dog-owner is not to give in to your dog’s picky or selective tendencies and just feed it whatever you choose.
Despite the magic protective powers of the paleo diet, it looks like some people have still been getting colds – and even the flu! Surely there must be a mistake?
- why do i have a cold on a paleo diet
- what is this flu that's going around melbourne
- virus going around canberra
- bad flu going around Sydney
If you’re going out and about in Melbourne, Canberra or Sydney – look out for germs!
- how do I get more oil in my diet but not fat?
Hmmm, I hate to break it to you – but oil is fat. Coconut oil, olive oil, peanut oil – they’re all fat….
- paleo replacement for peanut butter and jelly sandwich
Well this is a difficult one. The classic PBJ is made of bread – not paleo; peanut butter, not paleo; and jelly/ jam – not paleo. How about if we substitute the bread for celery, swap the peanut butter for almond butter and use real strawberries as an alternative for the jelly? Not quite doing it for you?
- started paleo and my wife says I smell different
Perhaps you’ve spilt bone broth down your shirt?
- what animal parts make mince
- what part of the cow is mincemeat
I wish I could say the rump, but in reality the whole point on mince/ ground meat is to make use of parts of the animal that would otherwise be wasted. So your answer is likely to be mainly the offcuts.
- coconut oil for suffocating insect
Er, how about no? Maybe you could let it outside if it’s bothering you?
- paleo alternative for lasagne can be penne pasta
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it’s not the shape of the pasta that makes it not paleo. Spaghetti, Fusilli, Vermicelli, Fettuccine, Tagliatelle, Macaroni or Farfalle – it doesn’t matter – they’re not paleo.
- margarine substitute paleo
This is an easy one – how about coconut oil or butter (if you do dairy)
- paleo substitute for soy turkey
Gosh, I must be missing something here. Instead of eating synthetic soy turkey, what could you possibly have that is paleo instead? Hmmmmm…. How about TURKEY?!
- should I eat genetically modified crops?
Probably best to avoid those GMO’s…
- kangaroo versus ostrich fillets which is better?
Decisions, decisions…. Kangaroo or Ostrich. It can be hard living in Australia sometimes. Having never tried Ostrich, I don’t feel qualified to comment – if you have, perhaps you could help this person out by leaving your preference in the comments?
- will I still have weight loss on paleo if everything isn’t organic
Whilst in an ideal world everything we’d eat would be organic (local, seasonal and unprocessed), in the real world it’s not always so easy. Fortunately this shouldn’t impact on your weight loss efforts.
- what kind of knives do they use on my kitchen rules
Good question! And one that seems hard to find the answer too. Master Chef use Global Knives, and judging by the amount of blue band aids the contestants have – they’re clearly very sharp!
- is buying a restaurant in a food court a good idea
Well, I might be biased, but I’d say probably not if it’s a fast food restaurant, I don’t think they’re doing so well these days. But a real food restaurant – now we’re talking!
- paleo crocodile recipe
Unfortunately I’m all out of paleo crocodile recipes at the moment, but as soon as I’ve experimented with snake recipes, I’ll move straight onto crocodile recipe development!
- is the teflon coating on paleo
No, definitely not. Don’t eat it – and if it starts to come off, it’s time to throw your pan away!
- what counts as two dress sizes
Er, is this a trick question? Maybe going from a size 14 to a size 10?