Ahh Tom Yum. There’s nothing quite like coming in from work and getting cosy with a bowl of it. Fresh, fragrant, and full of the vibrant flavours that make Thai cooking so special, this Paleo friendly recipe is sure to get those tastebuds tingling. Serve with some cauliflower rice for the perfect dinner.
Tom Yum Ingredients:
- 750ml homemade chicken stock
- 16 prawns, shelled and cooked
- 2 stalks dried lemongrass, chopped
- 5cm fresh galangal, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 dried kaffir lime leaves
- 2 red birds eye chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- Juice 1 lime
- 2 tbsp thai fish sauce (be careful for additives)
- Large handful fresh coriander, to serve
Tom Yum How To:
In a large saucepan, combine the stock with the lemongrass, galangal, garlic and lime leaves. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 8 – 10 minutes until fragrant.
Add the prawns and chillies to the pan, and leave to simmer for another 5 minutes until the prawns are fully heated through. The chillies should turn the broth a light red.
Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice and fish sauce. Serve with lots of fresh coriander torn on the top.