Didn't think you liked Brussels sprouts? Hold back your judgement until you've tried this recipe!
This recipe is a great side to a meaty dinner, or perfect on its own, with a serve of cauliflower rice.
- 100g (3.5 oz) Brussels sprouts
- Splash olive oil
- 8 rashers bacon, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled & diced
- Knob of butter (or use extra olive oil, if you don't do dairy)
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon of hazelnuts, chopped
- Peel the exterior leaves off the sprouts & remove the tough ends. Cut the sprouts in half & finely slice them.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bacon for a few minutes. Add the carrots and cook for a further 5 minutes, making sure you keep stiring to prevent it from sticking.
- Add the butter (or extra olive oil) to the pan along with the sprouts, and stir for another five minutes. You need to keep heating until the sprouts have started to soften, but still have some crunch in their texture.
- Season and serve, garnishing with the coriander (cilantro) and hazelnuts.
I'd love to hear how you cook Brussels Sprouts to make them taste amazing! Please share you secrets in the comments below!