I recently asked the followers of the Paleo Network's Facebook page for their favourite quick paleo dinner meals and got some great replies (and only one “McDonalds” comment!) – here are 70 of them…
Steak & beef ideas
This was by far the most popular meat people use for a quick dinner, here are some of the responses:
- Reheated beef stew that I make sure I have frozen
- Steak and salad
- Steak, eggs and broccoli.
- Steak and salad
- Steak and steamed veggies
- Steak with a side order of steak
- Sautéd kale & cherry tomatoes w garlic, onion & olive oil, sweet potato rosti & BBQ grilled steak – quick, easy & yummy
- Steak and sweet potato
- Grass fed beef broiled topped with egg. Sweet potato coins, Raw red onion slices on top of fresh spinach, grated carrots, sliced avocado with fresh lemon juice and thinly sliced elephant garlic. Yummy!
- Bbq steak sliced placed on a large salad topped with a soft boiled egg and crumbled blue vein. Yummo!
- Steak with Morton Bay bugs, Sweet Potato Mash and steamed beetroot and zucchini…..exactly what I'm having tonight!!
- Steak or pork chop, pan fried with cumin seeds … then cabbage, kale spring onions and broccolini all sauteed in the pan juices…. super quick and absolutely delicious!
- Steak on the BBQ on salad. That's what we are about to have.
- Bison burgers with caramelized onions and grilled zucchini slices.
- Steak and broccoli
Fish & Seafood
Another popular choice:
- Salmon cooked on the sandwich press and steamed veg
- Coconut salmon and green salad!
- Tuna and salad
- Steamed shrimp with broccoli/cauliflower!
- Salmon with lemon, parsley and garlic, spinach and kale
- Salmon and salad, bacon & eggs, ham & salad
- Oven Grilled salmon or any other fish and greens or salad to go with it.
- Baked Salmon vegies and dip
- Half an avocado with fresh prawns
- Grilled salmon with green veg
- Salmon steak on a bed of English spinach with avocado and mango and drizzled with fresh lime….nom nom nom!!!!
Lamb chops are so quick to cook, I thought a few more people would have suggested this:
- Lamb chops, cauliflower rice and sweet potato mash
- Lamb chops and sweet potato mash
- Lamb tangine
- Lamb chunks braised in onion garlic and ginger cooked with prunes
- Sliced cold lamb roast with salt and fruit/veggie juice.
Chicken & Turkey
Lots of great ideas here too:
- Chicken broccoli and kumara gets boring but fast and effective haha
- Baked chicken with kumara all in one tray
- Grilled chicken breast and sweet potato mash with steamed veggies.
- Paleo turkey nuggets pan fried in coconut oil. Yum!
- Baked chicken thighs with green beans & shallots sautéed in coconut oil.
- Chicken breast meatballs with herbs, sundried tomatoes, onion, garlic and Parmesan served with walnut salad. Or poached chicken breast and steamed veggies.
- Ground turkey, kale, Brussels Sprouts, bone broth fried over mashed parsnip
- Chicken (scrambled eggs with onion, spinach, bacon)
- Chicken Red curry on a bed of grated zucchini
- Salad & coconut chicken
- Salad and chicken Sandwich using lettuce instead of bread! Mmmm
- Chicken thigh marinated in my garden herbs and a big salad
- Spiced grilled chicken tenderloins on a mango, avocado, lettuce, tomato salad. With orange balsamic dressing… yummo…
- Chicken breast, grape tomatoes and shallots. Cook in oil of choice in a pan and any spices you like on top of stove. Easy peasy.
I use eggs a lot when I need to prepare something to eat in a hurry, as do you by the looks of it:
- Eggs and almond butter
- Bacon and eggs
- spinach and mushrooms sautéed in ghee with soft boiled eggs= Heaven. It's the perfect meal.
- Eggs and shrimp for my daughter, eggs and salami for my son… lol. Add chicken broth to it and stir, microwave if you are in a rush. Cook over a pan if you have more time. Quick and easy. You can also add in frozen/non-frozen veggies, herbs, etc. Apple slices, Clementine, other fruit on the side.
- Squashed avocado with boiled eggs and steamed carrot and broccoli- all together it's DA BOMB
- Eggs and anything or everything.
- Eggs and sautéed sweet potatoes!
- Omelette filled with vegies, or meat and a big salad.
- Onion, sweet potato, mushrooms, turkey bacon, all fried up with two whole and two egg whites cracked on top
And the rest
A few paleo versions of non-paleo favourites cropped up to:
- Taco salad.
- Paleo fajitas.
- A salad with whatever meat I have cooked in the fridge.
- Jamaican curry
- Soup, salad, raw veggie tray, stir fry…
- Cabbage and bacon
- Fajitas and a great salad.
- Meat & veg. Who knew?
- A frittata loaded with veg, a chicken stir fry or Thai curry, grilled chicken and salad, or chicken thigh fillets marinated in coconut milk, ginger and chilli then grilled and served with steamed Chinese greens. So many quick, delicious, and stupidly easy meals to make!!
- Paleo chilli con carne
- Paleo bratwurst & sauerkraut
- Left over spaghetti squash with 3 over easy eggs…salt and pepper of course.
- I make a stir fry….ANYTHING!! use eggs, meat, veggies, coconut aminos and spices…. The great thing about paleo….you can make dinner quickly and it is ALWAYS great!!! I keep my veggies cleaned…ready to cook or make salad. Always have a meat ready to cook…whether it is beef, chicken, fish or deer meat.
- Whatever animal is unlucky and slow enough to be near my chompers
So over to you. Please share your answer in the comments below: “You've got 20 minutes to put dinner together – what's your favourite quick paleo meal to make?”