These chicken wings are great to throw on the barbecue. I make them the day before to allow the flavours to fully marinate into the chicken, but if you’re short of time, a shorter marinate will work too. I always make up a big batch too, meaning left-overs for lunch!
- In a bowl, combine the chicken wings with the lemon rind and juice, honey, coconut aminos, ginger and mint
- Cover, and refrigerate overnight (or a few hours if less time available - the longer, the tastier!)
- Every few hours stir to ensure the wings are coated
- Barbecue the wings until they're tender, but cooked through (check to make sure no pink bits remain)
- During the barbecuing, baste with the remaining marinate from the bowl.
- Serve and enjoy!