Why have a boring salad, when you can have this zingy brightly coloured salad instead? With a few oranges and lemons still left on the tree, this is a great way to enjoy them! The main ingredient is carrots, but the herbs and spices and citrus make it quite unlike any other carrot you've had before!
This is a great side dish for a summers day, or even enjoy it on top of a paleo burger.
- 4 large carrots
- pinch of cumin seeds
- pinch of mustard seeds
- pinch of cinnamon
- splash of extra virgin olive oil
- juice of ½ a lemon
- juice of ½ an orange
- small bunch of fresh coriander (cilantro), finely chopped
- sea salt & fresh pepper
- pinch of orange zest
- Peel and grate the carrots
- Heat the seeds in a pan to release the flavours, then grind them in a pestle and mortar. Add in the cinnamon and mix in with the carrots over the heat for a couple of minutes
- Add in the olive oil, citrus juice and coriander (cilantro) as well as the zest and mix in thoroughly.
- Allow the flavours to marinate for an hour before serving.