Whilst I generally try to avoid desserts and puddings, sometimes it is nice to have a sweet treat. And when I do have a sweet treat – it needs to still be Paleo. It’s easy to veer of Paleo towards SAD treats if you don’t have a back-up plan, so far better to make sure if you are going to have something sweet or containing chocolate, that it’s made with better ingredients.
I don’t think it can get much better than a dessert made with avocado, do you?
- 1 ripe avocado (straight from the fridge)
- 1 frozen banana (peeled and cut into chunks before freezing!)
- 3 heaped tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of raw local honey (optional)
- Squeeze of lemon
- Water as required
- Pinch of sea salt (I used Celtic sea salt)
- In a blender, add the cacao powder, then the remaining ingredients on top.
- Blend until it reaches a “moussey” texture. Make sure you scrape the sides of the blender and mix in, to ensure it is all blended well.
- Fill small cups or shot glasses with the mixture and serve straight away!
WANT ME TO EMAIL YOU THIS RECIPE?
Enter your details and check your email!
Do you have “Paleo treats”, or are sweet things strictly off the menu for you?