Whilst I generally try to avoid desserts and puddings, sometimes it is nice to have a sweet treat. And when I do have a sweet treat – it needs to still be Paleo. It’s easy to veer of Paleo towards SAD treats if you don’t have a back-up plan, so far better to make sure if you are going to have something sweet or containing chocolate, that it’s made with better ingredients.
I don’t think it can get much better than a dessert made with avocado, do you?
- 1 ripe avocado (straight from the fridge)
- 1 frozen banana (peeled and cut into chunks before freezing!)
- 3 heaped tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of raw local honey (optional)
- Squeeze of lemon
- Water as required
- Pinch of sea salt (I used Celtic sea salt)
- In a blender, add the cacao powder, then the remaining ingredients on top.
- Blend until it reaches a “moussey” texture. Make sure you scrape the sides of the blender and mix in, to ensure it is all blended well.
- Fill small cups or shot glasses with the mixture and serve straight away!
Do you have “Paleo treats”, or are sweet things strictly off the menu for you?