Quick, comforting, and bursting with flavour, this recipe works great with any white fish and makes a fail safe dinner for the whole family.
Cashew Fish Ingredients:
- 400g sustainable wild white fish, cut into palm sized pieces
- 2 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 tsp black mustard seed
- 3 tbsp cashew nut flour
- A pinch cayenne pepper
- A handful of crushed cashews
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- Olive oil
- A handful of fresh coriander
Cashew Fish How To:
1) In a mortar and pestle, grind down the black peppercorns and mustard seed. Transfer to a bowl with the cumin, coriander and cayenne, then add the cashew flour.
2) Heat a pan to a high heat, then dry fry the crushed cashews until golden. Set aside. Add a little of the oil, then sauté the onions for around 5 minutes. Set aside with the cashews.
3) Add the rest of the oil to the pan. Toss the fish in the cashew and spice mix, then fry for 2 – 3 minutes each side, until lovely and crisp.
4) Return the onions and cashews to the pan. Season, and finish with the fresh coriander.