In my opinion, there is no better way to cook salmon than gently in the oven, covered with foil. It circulates all the flavour, and the fish stays beautifully moist as the condensation returns to the roasting dish. This Thai inspired recipe is both spicy and fragrant, and makes a wonderful, quick and easy midweek supper.
Steamed Red Curry Salmon Ingredients:
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 red chillies, de seeded and chopped
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste (watch out for additives)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
Steamed Red Curry Salmon How To:
1) Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4. Arrange the salmon in a roasting dish, skin side down.
2) In a non stick saucepan, mix together the curry paste with the chillies and 1tbsp coconut milk, skimmed from the top so it is at its thickest. Heat gently until it starts to bubble and become fragrant. Add the remaining coconut milk and stir well.
3) When it starts to boil, pour evenly over the salmon. Drizzle over the fish sauce and sprinkle with the coconut sugar, then cover the dish with foil. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
4) Remove from the oven, and serve garnished with some fresh basil or coriander.