Completely unique in flavour, fennel is one of my favourite vegetables to have as a side with chicken and lamb. You don’t need much in the way of spices, as it does the talking all on its own. It's very much ‘love it or hate it’ though, just to warn you!
Roasted Fennel Ingredients:
- 4 fennel bulbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 handful of flaked almonds
- A few sprigs fresh parsley
Roasted Fennel How To:
1) Preheat an oven to 200C / 400F / Gas mark 6
2) Remove the stalks and the hard bottom from the fennel bulbs. Cut into wedges.
3) Combine the olive oil with the lemon juice, then drizzle over the fennel wedges. Season well, then add to the oven. Cook for 15 minutes, turn, then for another 20.
4) Meanwhile, in a pan, dry fry the flaked almonds over a medium heat until the turn golden brown. When the fennel is nice and crispy, toss the almonds on top. Garnish with a few sprigs of fresh parsley.
What’s your verdict on fennel? Do you love it, or hate it?