Chicken soup is the ultimate comfort food. This recipe serves four, but make as much as you can and freeze the rest to pull out on a rainy day.
Chicken Soup Ingredients:
• 40g (1.5oz) butter (or use coconut oil if dairy free)
• 2 small onions, peeled and sliced
• 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
• 2 small carrots, peeled and finely diced
• 1 litres (1.5 pints) chicken stock
• 300g (0.7lb) cooked chicken, skinned and shredded
• 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
Chicken Soup How To:
In a large pan over a medium heat, melt the butter, then fry the onions, celery and carrots until they become soft.
Add in the chicken stock and keep stirring whilst bringing the mixture to the boil.
Once it has boiled, reduce the heat to a simmer for ten minutes (until the vegetables are soft) and season to your taste.
Add in the cooked chicken pieces and just before serving, stir in the parsley.
Serve & enjoy!