Further to her guest post yesterday, Stormy Sweitzer, owner of Maoomba, the Real Food for Active Lives blog, and author of Paleo Power Lunch: Easy, Filling & Delicious Workday Meal Strategies, has very kindly shared one of the recipes from her book.
This is the lunch that started it all. In the dead of winter, wanting something colorful to go with a leftover pork chop, I threw it together with a handful of berries, seeds, and avocado. It’s earthy, but light. Add a handful of raw mushrooms for more vegetables.
- 2 cups spinach
- 3 ounces pan-fried pork loin chop, sliced
- ½ avocado, cut into chunks
- ½ cup fresh blackberries
- 2 Tbsp raw pepitas
- ⅓ cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- ½ cup avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped
- Layer all ingredients in a lunch-sized food storage container.
- Pack 3 Tbsp Creamy Lemon Chive Dressing in a separate container.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, except oil and chives.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil while the blender is going.
- Stir in chives when done.
WANT ME TO EMAIL YOU THIS RECIPE?
Enter your details and check your email!
For more Paleo lunch recipes and strategies, check out the Paleo Power Lunch book.