So, whilst I regularly write about the benefits of following a Paleo diet, it wouldn't be fair for me not to be completely honest. Sadly, as with lots of things, there are negatives to this way of life.
I thought I’d share my list of 8 bad points of my Primal journey.
1. I've lost my productive time between midnight and the early hours of the morning. Since I've been Paleo I'm now fast asleep far earlier in the evening and I naturally rise early, full of energy
2. I've been forced to donate lots of perfectly good clothes to charity – and spend a small fortune replacing them with smaller sizes
3. I'm really behind on my reading, as I no longer get to read on the bus to work, as I always walk or run in due to having so much excess energy
4. I get funny looks from adults and children point at me when I wear my Vibrams
5. Shopping takes so much longer because I have to read the ingredients of everything – even things I have no intention of buying.
6. I've not had the need to have any sick days from work for a very long time
7. I often don’t notice it’s cold until I see people around me in many more layers than I have on
8. I can’t walk past a fast food outlet without looking in, in amazement at the people “eating” there
Have you also experienced down sides to Paleo? Please share your complaints in the comments, below.