Let's kick off a Paleo reading club for those interested in the Paleo classics and some slightly off-the-beaten track books.
The Vegetarian Myth by Lierre Keith
The vegetarian diet is praised for being sustainable and animal-friendly, but after 20 years of being a vegan, Lierre Keith has changed her opinion. Contravening popular opinion, she bravely argues that agriculture is a relentless assault against the planet. In service to annual grains, humans have devastated prairies and forests, driven countless species extinct, altered the climate, and destroyed the topsoil – the basis of growth and life itself.
Where to find the book
It can be ordered through Boffins Bookshop in Perth CBD, or is available immediately on Amazon.com in paperback or kindle version. It's also stocked by Bookdepository.com who have free worldwide shipping.
“Rules” of the Book Club*
1. Feel free to come even if you haven't read the book.
2. Prepare one (1) question or observation about the book that you'd like to discuss (it doesn't have to be deep or philosophical just something that stood out for you).
3. BYO drinks or any other food you wish to eat and/or share.
4. Anyone can suggest a book to read for the book club, but for that privilege, it would be wonderful if you could organise the venue (at your house is easiest but it can be anywhere suitably quiet enough).
5. All suggestions for Book Club should be related to health, fitness, food, food politics, agriculture, etc, but keep in mind that very few of us are science professionals so it shouldn't be too technical.
* “Rules” borrowed from the Perth Skeptics meetup book club 🙂