But with fairly typical cracker ingredients looking like this:
Wheat Flour, Vegetable Oil, Salt, Malt Extract, Yeast Raising Agent (E336, E500), Emulsifier (E322:Soy), Milk Solids
That's a high price to pay for a vessel for a bit of cheese….
So I've been experimenting with my dehydrator, and have come up with these paleo crackers. Yes, the main ingredient is white potato. But these would work just as well with sweet potato or parsnip. Give it a try and let me know how it turns out!
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- sea salt &black pepper
- Boil the potatoes as you would to make mashed potatoes (this helps to breakdown the starch)
- Drain, and mash in with the olive oil
- Add in the rosemary and season.
- Spoon a spoonful of the mixture onto a dehydrator sheet and use the back of the spoon to shape into whatever cracker shape and size you prefer.
- I dehydrated for about 16 hours on 145 degrees - but please check regularly and adjust accordingly!
- You an also make these in an oven if you don't have a dehydrator (but please research times and temperatures carefully!)
WANT ME TO EMAIL YOU THIS RECIPE?
Enter your details and check your email!