Does a big bowl of beef strips, cauliflower rice and colourful vegetables smothered in copious amounts of paleo approved teriyaki sauce count as a salad? Of course it does! Dig in and enjoy the sweet, sticky asian flavours that marry together so well in this lunchtime favourite.
Teriyaki Beef Salad Ingredients:
- 400g grass fed beef strips
- 1 cauliflower, leaves removed
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper), deseeded and chopped into wedges
- 1 yellow capsicum (bell pepper), deseeded and chopped into wedges
- 2/3 carrots, grated
- 2/3 spring onions, finely chopped
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp date paste, or ¼ cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
- Pinch of black pepper
Teriyaki Beef Salad How To:
1) Combine all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan over a low heat. Allow to simmer gently for around 10 minutes, stirring regularly, until the mixture thickens slightly and bubbles. Taste and add more date paste / coconut aminos depending on your preference. Set aside.
2) Blitz the cauliflower florets in a food processor to make cauliflower rice. Transfer to a large salad bowl, along with the rest of the vegetables. Stir well to combine.
3) Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan to a high heat. Flash fry the beef strips for a minute each side (for medium). You may need to do this in batches, depending on the size of your pan.
4) Add the beef to the salad bowl, then drizzle over the teriyaki sauce. Serve immediately.