There are plenty of reasons I love this recipe, but there are two that stand out way above the rest. Firstly, it’s ready in under 5 minutes, and secondly, it looks like it’s taken you all day! It’s perfect for summer BBQs where you’d much rather be spending your time with friends and family rather than in the kitchen peeling more vegetables or prepping more salad. The contrast in colours and shapes on the table make it a visually stunning dish – and it’s super tasty too!
Shredded Chicken Ingredients:
- ½ medium chicken, pre roasted and cooled
- 4 large zuchini/ courgettes
- A large handful Kalamata (or any other meaty black olives), roughly chopped
- 6 – 8 Sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Juice and zest 2 lemons
- A good splash olive oil
- 1 tsp raw honey
- A small handful fresh basil, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Shredded Chicken How To:
1) Using a fork, finely shred half of the chicken, leaving the other half to snack on later! Set aside.
2) Using a vegetable peeler, ribbon the courgettes lengthways. Work your way around the vegetable and into the middle, to create elegant spirals. Transfer to a large salad bowl and combine with the chicken. Mix in the olives and sundried tomatoes.
3) Sprinkle the lemon zest over the salad before squeezing over the juice. Combine the olive oil with the raw honey (to cut the acidity of the lemons and the olives) before drizzling over the salad. Toss well, before adding your chopped herbs and seasoning to taste.