Let’s face it, even the freshest fillet of white fish can taste somewhat plain when eaten on its own. Tartare Sauce has been traditionally served with fish for years, but of course, the shop bought stuff is a no go. Luckily, I have a recipe on hand that is Paleo approved and delicious at the same time!
Paleo Tartare Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 egg yolk
- 150ml olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- ½ tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- ½ tbsp capers (RRR)
- ½ tbsp chopped gherkins
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Paleo Tartare Sauce How To:
1) Mix the mustard powder with a dash of water to form a paste. Whisk in the egg yolk and a little seasoning if required.
2) In a measuring jug, combine 150ml of olive oil with the juice of half a lemon, watching out for pips. Slowly add this to the egg, a little bit at a time, whisking together well.
3) Rinse the capers. Stir them into the mixture, along with the tarragon, gherkins and parsley. Taste and check – you may want to adjust the acidity slightly depending on your preference.
So tell me… what’s your favourite fish to have with Tartare Sauce?