Quick, light and zingy, this tropical inspired tuna and mango salad is perfect for Al Fresco dining. When buying tuna steaks, always select sushi grade and enjoy the full flavour the meat has to offer when cooked rare.
Tuna and Mango Salad Ingredients:
For the tuna
- 2 medium tuna steaks
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3cm fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Juice ½ lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
For the salad
- 1 large handful Asian greens, i.e. rocket / mizuna
- 100g fine green beans
- 1 small, ripe mango, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 8 – 10 small cherry tomatoes, halved
- Small handful fresh coriander, torn
Tuna and Mango Salad How To:
In a small bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients. Rub into the tuna steaks, and leave to marinade for at least half an hour.
Meanwhile, toss together all the salad ingredients and divide into two salad bowls.
Heat a griddle to a very high heat. Drizzle with a little olive oil, wait until it starts to smoke, then throw the tuna steaks on. Flash fry for 1 minute each side, so still pink in the middle. Dice and divide into the two salad bowls.