Caught somewhere in the dreamy middle ground of a chocolate mousse and a chocolate pudding, this recipe is about as indulgent as it gets on a Paleo diet – but you can sleep soundly knowing that it’s full of healthy fats and nutrients, and low on the sugar. The secret ingredient in this recipe is the Avocado, which provides a delectably smooth texture and creamy flavour.
Chocolate Orange and Fig Pudding Ingredients:
- 1 ripe, large avocado, stone removed, peeled
- ½ an orange, juice and zest
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 medium sized fig, diced
Chocolate Orange and Fig Pudding How To:
1) In a food processor or high powered blender, blitz your avocado to a pulp. Squeeze in the orange juice before blending again to combine.
2) Add the raw honey and cocoa powder and blitz once more. Spoon out of the food processor and into two small desert bowls. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
3) When ready to serve, stir in the diced figs and sprinkle the orange zest over the top. Garnish with a mint leaf it you have one.
It’s brilliant for making healthy desserts, but there are so many other ways to enjoy avocado. What’s your favourite?