I love the combination of lime and chili – it gives this salad a bit of a kick. The dressing will last in a jar for a day or so in the fridge, so shake it well and add it to the salad at the last minute. I used Lebanese cucumber, but continental would work just as well.
- 500g beef (I used rump steak)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 400g sliced cucumber
- 4 fresh chillies, thinly sliced (seeds removed)
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 250g grape tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh coriander (cilantro ) leaves
- Dash coconut aminos
- I clove garlic, minced
- In a bowl, coat the beef in half of the lemon and lime juice, and allow to marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Drain the beef, and throw away the juice.
- Barbeque the beef until it’s cooked to your liking (or cook on the stove or under the grill).
- Allow the beef to rest for a few minutes, then slice thinly.
- In a bowl, mix the cucumber, chili, onions, tomatoes and fresh herbs. In a jar, add the remaining juice, the coconut aminos and garlic and shake thoroughly to mix.
- Add the beef and dressing to the salad mix and toss to ensure it is well mixed in.
- Serve and enjoy.
WANT ME TO EMAIL YOU THIS RECIPE?
Enter your details and check your email!