My housemate bought me the best birthday present – an enameled cast iron casserole dish, which I’ve been itching to try! I had the idea last night to make a curry with one of my favourite ingredients – avocado. I hoped the avocado would work as a creamy base for the chicken curry, which seemed to work well. I love cashew nuts too, so added in a few, which was a good contrast to the texture of the avocados. I think next time I’ll add some more curry powder – I’m always wary of adding in too much!
- 2 Organic Chicken Breasts, diced
- 2 Ripe Avocados, mashed
- 1 Zucchini, diced
- 2 Mushrooms, diced
- 1.5 tins of Coconut Milk (I use Ayam)
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil (I'm using Melrose at the moment)
- 1 pot Tomato Paste
- 2 Onions (I used one white, one brown), diced
- 1 Handful of raw Cashew Nuts, roughly chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1.5 Teaspoons Grated Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
- Salt (I’m using Pink Himalayan Sea Salt)
- Half Teaspoon of each Cumin, Cinnamon, Cayenne Pepper, Paprika
- I browned the chicken in the coconut oil in the casserole dish; then put it to one side.
- I sautéed the onions until soft on a medium heat, and then added in the garlic, zucchini, mushrooms, coconut milk and tomato paste.
- I mashed up the avocados and stirred them in. I then added the chicken, spices, seasoning and cashew nuts and left it to simmer on a medium heat for 20 minutes.
WANT ME TO EMAIL YOU THIS RECIPE?
Enter your details and check your email!
I though it turned out really well, but could have been a bit spicier. I don’t think dinners like this need anything to go with them, but I’m sure it would go well with some cauliflower rice.
This should serve at least four, which means lots of leftovers!