Recipe: Avocado Chocolate Mousse

Whilst I generally try to avoid desserts and puddings, sometimes it is nice to have a sweet treat. And when I do have a sweet treat – it needs to still be Paleo. It’s easy to veer of Paleo towards SAD treats if you don’t have a back-up plan, so far better to make sure if you are going to have something sweet or containing chocolate, that it’s made with better ingredients.

I don’t think it can get much better than a dessert made with avocado, do you?

Recipe The Paleo Diet Chocolate Avocado Mousse

Avocado Chocolate Mousse Ingredients:

• 1 ripe avocado (straight from the fridge)
  • 1 frozen banana (peeled and cut into chunks before freezing!)
  • 3 heaped tablespoons of raw cacao powder
  • 2 tablespoons of raw local honey (optional)
  • Squeeze of lemon
  • Water as required
  • Pinch of sea salt (I used Celtic sea salt)

How To:

In a blender, add the cacao powder, then the remaining ingredients on top.

Blend until it reaches a “moussey” texture. Make sure you scrape the sides of the blender and mix in, to ensure it is all blended well.

Fill small cups or shot glasses with the mixture and serve straight away!

Do you have “Paleo treats”, or are sweet things strictly off the menu for you?

My Paleo Recipe eBooks

Comments

1. says

This looks totally awesome! I don’t have too many sweet treats that aren’t fruit sweet (Ie just plain berries or coconut) but I do use some stevia in tea and soda water, mostly to help me stay hydrated. This looks awesome.

2. Janine says

I don’t normally bother with a sweet course but thought I needed a bit of a treat. Really worth the time it took to make, real tasty.

3. Beth says

Looks awesome, can this be put in the fridge or frozen afterwards or does it just go grose because of the banana?

• Suz says

Hi Beth, Avocado tends to brown after a while, unless it’s mixed with lemon or lime juice, which helps to preserve it.

4. Penny says

Delicious! I used a little coconut milk to get the right consistency.
    Going to try with no honey next time, as the banana lends quite a bit of sweetness.

• Suz says

That’s great to hear! The avocado definitely provides more texture than avocado taste to this one I think!

5. ellen says

Yes, this works. I’ve been doing it for a long time. I find it turns out a bit better, though, if you add a bit of grass fed beef gelatin, some good quality coconut milk, coconut nectar instead of honey and just a touch of cinnamon. The texture is more moussey.

Trackbacks